How To Measure Your Waist Size for Your New Belt
If you can't make it into the shop, but still want to order a custom belt, here is how we would like to get your fit right. We take time making your belt and size it down to the inch to ensure accurate measurement and perfect fit.
It is a common misconception that your pant size is the same as your belt size. In fact, our belt size is usually 2-4 inches larger than your pant size. It varies depending on clothing brand, how tight someone wears their belt, and how thick the fabric of your pants are. Here are some quick and easy ways to get your accurate belt measurement to get your perfect belt fit.
To make sure we craft your perfect belt, the most important thing to do is get the right waist measurement. There are two ways to do this. First, if you have a belt that fits right already, lie the belt down on a flat, clean surface. Straighten the belt out so it lies flat. Now with a tape measure and calculate the length from the middle point of the metal buckle to the belt notch that fits you best. That distance is your belt size in inches. Second, if you don't have a belt that fits right, take a string and wrap it around your waist pinching it at the point where the loose end wraps around your waist and meets back at the long end of the string. Use a tape measure to calculate this length in inches, that is your belt size.
- We size using a measured out leather belt to get exact belt size measuring. Although it is oftentimes 2-4 sizes bigger than your pants, we measure to make sure we have it exactly right.
- Pick the color of the strap you would like. We stock nine colors to make certain we have what you are looking for.
- Pick the width of the belt you would like. We recommend a 1.25” for dress belts and a 1.5” for an everyday or workwear belt.
- Pick your hardware style and color. We carry 3 styles of buckles in four different hardware colors.
- Would you like stitching? We recommend this for our dress belts.
- Finally, we can emboss your initials to give your new belt an even more personalized touch